www.redscorpionsix.com

Red Scorpion Six

Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Observation on Wisdom

Hey Gang,

I heard something today that I would like some feedback on. So get ready for a rant. Today Joe Biden was giving a speech and he said something to the effect of, We do not need a great Soldier, We need a Wise Leader.

I agree wholeheartedly with his statement. My thoughts were, What constitutes WISDOM?

I has been my experience that wisdom is a byproduct of experience. Personally I have not seen WISDOM from either candidate that would get us out of the current situation. Since we have not been in the situation in history.

I look at this upcoming election as a job interview and not sure we really have a good choice at this point. I hardly think that Obama has the Wisdom being so young to leadership of this magnitude and McCain has no track record of leading people through these economic situations while waging war.

Back at home while people are engaged in their own struggle hardly want to consider the WAR's we wage. The reports of tragedy's seem be falling on numb ears to the American public. More people are making more plans to watch the premiers of the New sitcoms this week than tuning into the WAR, the Campaign, or the Financial Bailout of Wallstreet. I find this Offensive and the dumbing down of the American citizen.

It used to be a privilege to be a CITIZEN and it was striven for and many died trying to achieve. Now it is not considered a privilege but considered an entitlement. Therefore, there is no sense of unity, unless we have Lee Greenwood playing in the back ground to summon that 30 minute feel good feeling, followed by little or no action. I am just having some heart burn on some of these issues.

Where is WISDOM with this type of audience? Anyone with half a brain has WISDOM with that mentality. I don't agree that the oversight committee's were asleep while the banks over extended credit, I think the American Public was. They seem to expect someone else to be WISE for them and I find that disgraceful. Get out of the Bubble.

Obama or McCain not sure either can provide the motivation that is truly needed to inspire what it means to be an American.
We were caught sleeping and had a repeat of Pearl harbor with the terrorist attacks of 9/11. Now that the attention span has gone back to sleep we seem vulnerable to future tragedy.

Someone else's responsibility. I want my MTV.

WTH?

I'll finish my rant. What do you guys think?

No comments: